Leadership position in the organization.
Outline the qualities and skills of each leadership position in the organization.
These proficiencies need to become the framework for mastering needed leadership skills. These skills should be outlined from a beginning proficiency to ultimate skill mastery.
As an example, let’s take the attribute of change management. This is an important skill for any leadership position. Outlining the competency of this skill may look something like this:
• Is flexible with change
• Champions change
• Brings needed change to light
• Outlines the case for change
• Summons others to the change management process
• Drives companywide inspiration and motivation to the change
• Sets the standards for developing a culture of change